The 15 minute Sound Words programmes are from GBM Radio (http://www.gbm.org.uk/) in Abingdon, with Derek French. They include programmes with real life testimonies.
The "Look Back" local heritage programmes can also be accessed in a "listen again" mode on our web-site. On accessing, a screen of information and photos about the programme is displayed. These 15 minute programmes on Wirral's heritage, sponsored by the Countryside Agency, include
- Anglican and RC history, Merseyside Revivals, YMCA, St. Peter’s, St. Bartholomew’s, St. Michael’s & Holy Cross
- Borough history, local Sculptures, Railways, Wirral in 1600, West Wirral in 1900, Merseyside Views, Chester City Mission
- Brocklebank & Ismay shipping, Sea Shanties, John Newton, the slave trade and a local slave ancestry
- New Brighton, Burton, Parkgate, Wirral Country Park, Storeton Woods
- Wirral’s Vikings, People’s stories including wartime